The Multnomah-Clackamas Regional Educator Network (MCREN) is one of 10 Regional Educator Networks in Oregon, supported by the Educator Advancement Council (EAC), an innovative public/nonprofit partnership created by the Oregon Legislature through the passage of Senate Bill 182 (2017) to support the public educator profession from the “inside out”.
The Multnomah-Clackamas Regional Educator Network empowers, supports, and diversifies the educator workforce through local, educator-led networks to provide the quality teaching and learning Oregonians deserve. We elevate and empower teacher voice and center racial equity to dismantle institutional racism within our educational system through policy, practices, procedures and legislation.
To create equitable and sustainable systems of support for educators across our region. We will do this by:
- Solicit and respond to educator voice
- Centering racial equity in all of our work
- Applying Oregon’s equity lens to all decision making
- Elevate teacher leadership
- Learn and use continuous improvement mindsets and methods
- Test and spread systems change ideas
- Respect our collective wisdom. Together we know a lot and can create new mindsets.
- Do our best to come open minded and prepared.
- Do our best to be mindful of our preconceived notions, biases and reserve judgement
- Stay engaged as if your mind can be changed. Always assume everyone has the best intentions
- Speak your own truth and receive other’s truth respectfully
- Challenge ourselves individually to interact outside of our usual habits and comfort zones. (e.g., Listen more if you talk a lot, volunteer if you tend to hang back, be aware of power dynamics, etc…)
- Experience discomfort. Expect and accept non-closure
To empower, support, and diversify the educator workforce across Multnomah and Clackamas counties.