The Coordinating Body are teachers, administrators, and local, state and community leaders who have identified…
Centering Equity in Resuming In-Person Instruction
MCREN is providing up to $25,000, a .5 FTE, and support for district teams to investigate and continue to improve hybrid learning for students, staff and communities
Design Your Approach
District teams use an equity lens to design and test ideas that meet the needs of the local context to improve the learning conditions for all phases of resuming in person instruction. MCREN will provide resources to design, test and implement with a goal for continued growth and positive impact on the education system.
What does this look like? How do we do it well?
Each team will identify an element of resuming in person instruction that is believed will have a positive impact on the learning environment. Teams will engage in a process to test their theory, gather feedback and make modifications that will continue to improve the outcomes.
The areas to investigate include:
- Engaging historically marginalized communities including students, staff and families with support of Culturally Specific Community Based Organizations to gain input and decision making for the next phase of in-person instruction
- Co-teaching models of instruction for hybrid learning
- Identify and implement best practices of instruction for hybrid learning
- Identify and implement policy, protocols and practices from CDL that improve learning conditions for students and staff
What is included?
- .5FTE reimbursed for district implementation coach
- Innovation specific professional learning
- MCREN provided design coaches and/or equity consultants
- Up to $25,000 for improvement work
- Data and analysis support
Ideas will be considered beginning March 1st, 2021. Implementation coaches must be identified by districts within 14 days of being notified of approval. Initial resources must be used prior to June 30, 2021, however applications for continued support may be submitted for additional resources and tests beginning in July 2021.